View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 AM

Default examining one good example thoroughly

Hi Folks,

Quote:
Originally Posted by George
Aloha brother Steven, Another excellent "expose" of the twisted thinking of the unsound minds of modern "bible" scholars! I always enjoy your intensive examination of an issue and the thoroughness with which you "dispatch" the flimsy arguments of the critics of the Holy Bible. Keep up the good work!
Most welcome, George. Thanks. It is my belief that one good example examined closely, understood, checked out, can give a full semester of learning. You then understand the patterns, above and beyond the factual refutation.

In this case the verse is particularly interesting because the case itself was chosen for #1 priority by James Price and William Combs. (Granted, that may have well been the result of a certain self-infatuation of James Price towards the wonder of his personal "insight" or "discovery" into the verse .. I believe this argument originated with Price, he has never credited another and appears obsessively wedded to it, as if in a type of irrational, almost lunatic, stupor. Remember he was privately offered the opportunity to move away from the nonsense and he only hardened into a rebellious attachment to absurdity.) So even that history tells you a lot about motivations.

On the study I took a break for a day or two (It is sometimes amazing how indefatigable and tireless the opponents of the pure Bible are .. in saying and defending nothing. Simply posting to divert and confuse .. they opponents learn quickly how easy it is to put a political post that really says nothing ! )

While we labour diligently and carefully to share the truth of the purity and perfection of the word of God more excellently. Few labours are more satisfying ! Prolificness is sought .. quality is essential.

1 Thessalonians 1:3
Remembering without ceasing your work of faith,
and labour of love,
and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ,
in the sight of God and our Father;

By the grace of the Lord Jesus, this little study will continue shortly.

Consider this one example that can be pointed to when the "scholarship" of James Price, Daniel Wallace, James White, Doug Kutilek and others active in anti-pure-KJB crusades is brought forth. James Price on "joined" and Daniel Wallace on the "gnat" are close brothers in combining incompetence and deception. And in realilty those two are to a large extent the defacto "scholar" leaders of the anti-KJB movement.

Shalom,
Steven Avery