View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:49 PM

Default Cambridge Large Text Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
Hello Doxa. It isn't a company, but rather it is a society formed in 1831 to put forth Protestant Bibles unblemished by Roman Catholic bias. The Trinitarian Bible Society is HQed in London, England, U.K. and has offices in 5 countries.

Besides Bibles and New Testaments, they have scripture Tracts, scripture-landscape scene calenders/ Bookmarks/Greetings Cards/Colouring Books/Posters. They also have some very good Articles both defending the Authorized Version and exposing the problems with many of the Modern Translations. {Both for sale and some for free on their website (look in the margin) that will be helpful to you.}

www.trinitarianbiblesociety.org

www.TBS-sales.org

They do have excellent Bibles for sale, and they are high quality because they are made by Cambridge Bibles...But with the T.B.S. logo instead of the Cambridge. I own the one called "Comfort Text"...Very easy on the eyeballs. Also have the Concord Reference Bible. Good Quality and the price is a bit less than Cambridge Bible Press.

They have several options. From small "Royal Ruby" 5-1/2" x "3-1/4" to the "Double Pica" which is so large it takes 4 volumes to hold the whole Bible 9" x 5-1/2" (24 point size print... for the legally blind or for your gramma who refuses to buy new glasses- )

Hi Atlas

I scrolled up and got this web site from PB1789....and chose a text that
will work for me. Hope you find one that you like...also, I went to Bibleprotectors' site and found out that his church sells the PCE .

Our Christian Bible store does NOT carry it and the company they deal with does NOT carry the Cambridge Edition; when questioned, the young man
didnt understand why? either.
Hope this helps...

Blessings and Shalom,

Billie