View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:29 AM

Default Prayer for direction

Today I found out that my sister and her boyfriend broke up. The problem with this is that her now ex boyfriend is my boss. I've known for a while that the only reason he lets me continue to work for him is because of his relationship with my sister. Lately we haven't been getting along very well because he's a very experienced carpenter, and I'm not (along with all the frictions of him being totally worldly and not a Christian at all). To make things worse is that he is unable (or more accurately unwilling) to teach me what I need to know in order to do my job, and constantly doesn't understand why I don't figure things out (maybe because I've never done this stuff before? I'm an ex computer programmer turned carpenter, lol). The job we've been working on is a small shop/house that is halfway into the framing, and I've found out that after this project I'm going to be let go. I'm really confused about what I should do, and what direction I should take. I really like building/construction, but I really don't like a lot of the people that are in this trade. Foul language, drinking, wicked music, you name it, is all so common among the workers that do this sort of thing. I had hoped to someday learn enough from my boss to take on small projects on my own, but I've been taught so little. The only thing I can do confidently is operate an excavator, but that is such a difficult trade to get a foot into. I also have a background that makes my finding work very difficult. I've also considered going back to school, but what I'd study is a complete mystery. I really would love to do something that glorifies God, but what He'd have me do isn't clear at the moment. I could use prayer that He would open a door for me, and make it clear that it is the one He wants me to go through, lol.

Much Love in Christ Jesus,
Stephen