View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Isnt it amazing that I have more in common with the other Bible believers on this site, none of whom I have ever met, than I do with members of my own family?
I have noticed that I tend to be more like minded with Christians that prefer the KJB then other Christians that feel it isn't even an important topic to discuss. I have been told several times on other sites that it is just "silly" to discuss the version debate. They say read which ever version you are comfortable with. Which is true, I'm not going to argue with them that they should choose the KJV. I guess we just have different priorities. Their priority is to have a "Bible" in the modern language. My priority is sound manuscript evidence.

It's very strange, (in a good way) to come to this site and see others discussing the topics I also feel are important and to see that I agree with most of what is said after spending much time on other sites and being ridiculed for my positions. Thank you Brandon for starting this discussion forum. I pray it grows.

I tend to see like-mindedness with others that read the KJB in the fundamentals of Salvation and Christian living. Not only that but like-mindedness in topics that are highly fight provoking, such as Biblical separation, Eschatology, Charismatic topics, Calvinism, (refuting....at least I hope that's the case on this site), I'm sure I'm missing other topics and also acknowledge there will be some most likely minimal disagreement on some issues.

This makes sense when you compare the KJB to the modern versions and can see the gnostic influence of the modern versions. a kind of anything goes, or WHATEVER, mentality.