View Single Post
Old 02-14-2008, 06:26 AM
fundy

Default Good Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruvEdude View Post
If thou doth want to show how practical the King James Bible is in high school, thou shalt practice its language. Thou shalt hand in reports to thy teachers as a witness to its beauty. When thou doth give reports in front of the class, thou shalt let your peers see your love of the King James Bible by thy words.

Despite your apparent intention to mock the Word of God, gruvEdude, I agree with you to a certain degree.

If all Christians, not just those at school, made a small effort to study their own language, they would soon come to an understanding of how God used this particular "archaic" style of English to most perfectly and purely impart the meaning of his Word to us.

Then, pretty soon, no one would want to read any of the over 200 different per-versions, instead agreeing with each other as to the meaning of Gods Word.....Phi 2:2 Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.

Isnt it amazing that I have more in common with the other Bible believers on this site, none of whom I have ever met, than I do with members of my own family?