View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Sis Jassy,
Thanks for your efforts, Jassy. Hopefully there has to be another way other than typing out the whole book! I have a scanner. Just have to get my husband show me how to use it since I'm somewhat technologically challenged.

Your sister greenbear.
Sis Jennifer,

It will depend on the copyright. If copying the book, via a scanner, as it was printed, that book's copyright is not Dr. Aordkian's anymore. However, if it is retyped for an electronic format, then it is my understanding that it becomes a new "edition" of the book - and the new edition is not bound to any prior copyright.

So, I have already started typing it out, and it's not difficult at all. I type very fast, and I can layout the various tables used in Word.doc. I'm already on page 18 (having started yesterday) and there are only 80 pages. So, I'm sure I can get this done fairly rapidly - that's nearly one-fourth of the book already typed, in less than 24 hours! Of course I've got other things to attend to but I'm confident that I can get it completed within a week or so.

It's a labor of love!

I'll stay in touch with Dr. Aordkian, as he requested that I do so.

Jassy