View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by premio53 View Post
Could it not be because the Kingdom was being offered to the Jews but because they rejected their Messiah it has been put off til after the Church Age? I have heard many say that no man was born again in the Old Testament even though the Lord Jesus Christ told an Old Testament Jew that he "must be born again." Some try to make "rightly dividing" too complicated sometimes.
But you see, when was the rejection? Was it before or after the crucifixion? The rejection was not the crucifixion, although it had some part to do with it. It was necessary for Him to die because He had to become a Priest first before He could become a King which was a major part of the stumbling of first century Jews. I see the rejection of the offer of the kingdom where Winman does not see it. I do say that rightly dividing the word of truth is not as clear cut as we would like it to be, but the preaching of the tribulation and Christ coming to sit on the throne of David was for Jews who were about to receive their kingdom if they were so willing, not to just get forgiveness of sins.