View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 02:45 PM

Default Re: "Doctrines of Christian Living" - "The Doctrine of Grace"

Aloha brother Forrest,

I greatly enjoyed your Post on "The Doctrine of Grace", and I couldn't agree more with your comments, if I had written them myself.

I believe that this is one of the most misunderstood doctrines in the entire Bible, and one that millions of Christians have (and still are) "stumbled" over for centuries.

The "Liberty" that we have in Christ does NOT give us a "license" to sin, but it frees us from the "obligation" of the Law; or ordinances; or rules; or the obligatory observance of them.

Everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) that we DO as Christians, should be with a "willing heart" - (NOT "obligation") that's what God desires. God is seeking those who will "worship Him in spirit and in truth". God wants us to "worship Him IN spirit and in truth" - wholly WITHOUT any "pressure", "intimidation", "threats", "bullying", "coercion", "compulsion", or "force".

Whenever men ADD to the "Doctrine of Grace", they are ADDING to the Holy words of God - "the traditions of men" and are emulating "the rudiments of the world". [Colossians 2:8] God never meant for His church (body) to be like the world's institutions. The church "which He hath purchased with His own blood", and of which "He is the Head" (the ONLY HEAD) is a living "ORGANISM" - NOT an organization or a business!

Thanks so much for the Post - it was a real blessing to my heart, and once again, reaffirms (for me) that we do indeed possess the same Spirit!