View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Well, that's sounds wonderful, but I don't always see that taking place. For instance, Chette believes Satan or Lucifer fell between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2, whereas scripture clearly states that God's creation was very good in Gen 1:31.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So, to me, it is obvious that Satan did not fall until after the sixth day. There is not one single scripture to support a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 or that there was some different "time" in place. I believe time started when God said, "In the beginning". The word beginning cannot even be defined without the concept of time. So, I see someone clingling to a theory despite the fact that I believe it contradicts the clear and simple teaching of scripture.

That is why I ask "who are you?" to teach sound doctrine.

I also do not like that you imply that anybody who does not agree with you is not a "truly believing student of the Bible". There have been many godly men who truly believe the Bible who disagree on some subjects.
Brother Winman, surely you know that none of us get it right all the time--including me and you. There is a time and place to earnestly contend for the faith, and there is a time to move on...letting the Holy Spirit be the Holy Spirit. I happen to agree with you on the GAP Theory...Chette, and other brethren I respect have a differing view. Does that disqualify any of us from teaching the Bible?

I also heed your counsel...we should be very careful about our particular understanding regarding interpretation...showing deference in some cases. Many doctrines that pertain to Christian living, however, are so clear in Scripture that we should all knit together and proclaim them for the purpose of edifying the church body. I may be wrong, but I think that was the intention of this thread.

There have been two doctrines posted on this thread pertaining to Christian living. Perhaps others have a doctrine pertaining to Christian living they would like to share with the body of Christ?