View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 07:08 AM

Quote:

A truly believing student of the Bible will have to change his views, especially when confronted by nothing but Scriptures.
Well, that's sounds wonderful, but I don't always see that taking place. For instance, Chette believes Satan or Lucifer fell between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2, whereas scripture clearly states that God's creation was very good in Gen 1:31.

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

So, to me, it is obvious that Satan did not fall until after the sixth day. There is not one single scripture to support a gap between Gen 1:1 and Gen 1:2 or that there was some different "time" in place. I believe time started when God said, "In the beginning". The word beginning cannot even be defined without the concept of time. So, I see someone clingling to a theory despite the fact that I believe it contradicts the clear and simple teaching of scripture.

That is why I ask "who are you?" to teach sound doctrine.

I also do not like that you imply that anybody who does not agree with you is not a "truly believing student of the Bible". There have been many godly men who truly believe the Bible who disagree on some subjects.