View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Re: "works after salvation"

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenbear View Post
Chette-"I didn't mean to hurt anyone."

Sometimes when Americans say "Ouch" in this context it means you've struck a nerve, or what you say is true and it hits close to home or it is convicting.

In order to obey this:

Romans 12:1-2 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

we have to die to self.

Ouch!

Aloha sister greenbear,

You have nothing to "apologize" for. I just thought when you said: "Sometimes when Americans say "Ouch" in this context it means you've struck a nerve, or what you say is true and it hits close to home or it is convicting." that the statement was possibly in reference to brother Forrest.

All of what you said is absolutely true and I agree wholeheartedly with the entire statement, I may have misunderstood HOW you were applying it and to WHOM.

Anyway, it's no big deal - as long as I haven't offended you; and if I have, I apologize. On the other hand, I would still recommend that you check out brother Forrest's Posts and Web site. I know of very few Christians that are as conscience of the importance of the Lord Jesus Christ's living within in us, and His influence in a Christian's life as brother Forrest is.