View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Aloha sister greenbear,

If you knew brother Forrest (as I do from his Posts on the Forum; his web site http://www.christdirected.com/; and a small amount of correspondence between us), you would have known the "OUCH" was not in "protest", as much as it is in "acknowledgment" of how "true" those words of Scripture are, and how most of us fall far "short" in measuring up to them.

If you will "check out" some of brother Forrest's Posts on the Forum (and his web site) you will find a fellow brother in Christ who is "preoccupied" with the PERSON of our LORD and SAVIOUR - JESUS CHRIST; and who seeks to GLORIFY Jesus Christ in ALL of his Posts, comments, and writings.

I especially appreciate brother Forrest for his "emphasis" on WHO our Saviour is, because I sometimes get so caught up in God's word (words) that I sometimes neglect WHO they are about!

God has used brother Forrest in my life to "remind" me that although I should love, honor, and obey His Holy written words - I must never forget WHO "THE WORD" OF GOD IS:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

There are a lot of fine Christian brethren on the AV1611 Bible Forums, but God has used brother Forrest to bless me especially, so that I don't "lose track" about WHO our light, our life, and our salvation is all about. I hope that you will check out his Posts and web page, I'm sure that they will be as much a blessing to you, as they have been to me.

1 Thessalonians 5:11 Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.
12 And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;
13 And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
Aloha, Brother George! I believe my post explained and supported brother Forrest's post. I'm not sure what you think I was conveying other than agreement with Brother Forrest's post and explaining what the colloquilism "Ouch" meant since it is one I have used myself. Did I commit a faux pas responding to brother Chette on behalf of Brother Forrest? If that is the point then I apologise. If that's not it then I'm not sure what you mean.