View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 05:27 PM

Brother Tony,

Thank you for saying that I don't have to do anything I don't want to. I've sometimes felt like it's my "Christian duty" to defend the faith. However, when I fail at doing that... or don't feel I am doing it as well as another more well-equipped Christian would be able to do, then I think it's time for me to close the debate and agree to disagree. This person has ruffled my feathers quite a LOT and I am feeling plagued at this point. I hope that you are able to help him to see clearly. Does a Christian who is wrongly-led come to a "point of no return," where they blindly reject all efforts at showing the truth, preferring to be RIGHT than filled with the truth?

At times, I have had to withdraw myself from certain people, since I felt that it was not at all edifying to have constant conflicts with them. Agreeing to disagree seems much more peaceful. It is especially painful when I USED to have the same beliefs that they did. When the truth appeared to me, and I embraced it, I was scorned, admonished, challenged, and criticized by those former "friends." Again they want to be RIGHT. For them, it seems to be 'Do as I do, or NOTHING!' At that point, I'd honestly rather have nothing... because I still and always have the LORD.

You didn't demean or marginalize in any way what I myself have gone through. Besides that, you and others have no way of knowing, if I don't reveal that information about myself. Maybe in the near future, I will post my "testimony" in the Chitchat section here. I'm not sure where that would belong. I guess that would be the most appropriate category for it.

Arthur Blessit's sacrifices, steadfastness, and pure bravery in Christ are amazing! That brother has done much for modern-day Christianity. I don't judge a person by their denominational status - it's their personal relationship with the Lord that is at issue. It's literally between them and the Lord. Who am I to judge what their standing is in the Lord? Certainly the company we keep is something that others judge us by, unfortunately. But how many of us have befriended an angry, poor, smelly bum, in order to tell them about the Lord Jesus Christ and what He has done in our life and can do in theirs? We definitely don't have any right to judge, based upon appearances. "there, but or the grace of God, go I."

The Lord has done so many dramatic things in my life that I could not but SEE His hand in it. And even though the atheist looks at my life and may see someone who needs a crutch to lean on, because of a life that they think cannot be much fun to live... it makes me sad that they assume that, without truly knowing me. So, when someone asks me for a reason for the JOY that is in me - I don't waste a moment in confidently telling them that, without faith in the Lord, I am NOTHING, and I live because He lives IN me. They will say, "How can you be so happy after all that you have been through?" or "What's your secret?" The truth is that they are IMAGINING themselves as me and thinking, 'Oh my! if I were her, I'd be so depressed!' And yet, there I am beaming with JOY. And they need to know it is not short-lived happiness... it is JOY springing from within.

Yes, I sure don't go looking for trouble... but Satan sends his minions to plague me, as he does all true Christians. I am NOT afraid!!! I have the POWER OF GOD!! I may not look like much - all 3'9 and 74 lbs of me - but the Lord has made me into a spiritual dynamo!

Brother Tony, please keep me informed. I would really appreciate knowing what happens in the debate and whether or not he folds. I have him in my prayers. And I have you in my prayers as well.

Jassy