View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 10:23 AM

Default Re: "Why Reject the NKJV?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post
His own lack of faith in God's word. That and his own worldly wisdom and understanding, of course.

Aloha bibleprotector and MC117161,

I quit dealing with "BrianT" after just one Post - it is FUTILE dealing with a Sophist, since they already know all there is to know, and will "not receive instruction", regardless of who it's from. {Especially those of us genuine Bible believers on this Forum.}

Look at BrianT's last Post In regards to Bibleprotector's statement:

bibleprotector's Quote:
Quote:
"The NKJV already messes up Genesis 1:1, saying that God created the "heavens" in the beginning, when in fact only God's home heaven was made in the beginning, whereas heaven (i.e. firmament) was made on day two, and heaven (i.e. astronomical space) was made on day four. Beginning means the beginning of day one. So God did not make heavens in the beginning, but only heaven."
BrianT's Response:
Quote:
"The Hebrew word is plural in this verse."
SO? Which is it? Which English "version" is RIGHT? For both of you (and myself) The King James BIBLE is RIGHT! Why? Because IT is our FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice.

For BrianT "They are ALL RIGHT" - even if they "disagree" with each other! (which is, under any circumstances, IMPOSSIBLE ) WHY? Because HE (BT) is the final arbiter of all Truth! He is his OWN Final Authority! And as such - it is FUTILE to try to convince him of anything! You could talk to a wall and get as much of a satisfactory response, as you will in dealing with a Sophist!

I learned long ago that, once I discover a person is a Sophist - I cease dealing with them (for it is impossible to "reason" with them) and (in time) they disappear, since they have no one to argue with or impress!

Proverbs 8:33 Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.

Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.

Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.

Proverbs 23:23 Buy the truth, and sell it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.

Proverbs 1:7 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools despise wisdom and instruction.

Proverbs 5:12 And say, How have I hated instruction, and my heart despised reproof;

Proverbs 12:1 Whoso loveth instruction loveth knowledge: but he that hateth reproof is brutish.

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Proverbs 15:32 He that refuseth instruction despiseth his own soul: but he that heareth reproof getteth understanding.

Proverbs 19:27 Cease, my son, to hear the instruction that causeth to err from the words of knowledge.

The only thing that keeps BrianT coming back with his Humanistic garbage is those of us who continue to deal with him. Ignore him, and he will go away! {After a while.}

There is only one "cure" for a Sophist - and that is if he will humble himself before God, and admit to his own pride and arrogance - something that is nearly impossible for most Sophists to do:

Psalms 34:18 The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.

Psalms 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Isaiah 57:15 For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.

Unless BrianT has a "change of heart"; and unless he is willing to humble himself, and his spirit becomes broken before God; and unless he reaches the point where he is willing to submit himself to the words of God (instead of his own mind); he will continue down his road of anarchy and confusion. And even sadder - he may "influence" others to follow after him down the same path to apostasy!

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.