View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Kiwi Christian

OK, first of all, I am no Bible scholar like many here. I am just a simple fellow who reads God's Word and asks God to help me understand it.
Amen. From one student of the word to another then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman View Post
Now notice, that not only did they realize they were naked, suddenly they became fearful of God. They hid and were separated from God.

Gen 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons. 8 And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden.

So, you see here they were separated from God...
I understand all that, but I don't believe that their separation and hiding from God here is the "death" the Lord told Adam would occur if he sinned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winman
I think people see death as physical corruption.
In some cases it is, but not always, as Bro. George demonstrated in a recent post.

I think of death as the ending of life, yet whatever has died can still exist on, it doesn't have to disappear, it just doesn't live, but God can bring it back to life again, just like our bodies in the rapture if we die beforehand! The second death is the eternal damnation of the soul, it's not annihilation. The damned will be wide awake and experiencing pain forever and ever, yet they are not alive, but dead.

We must study, study, study...