View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 09:16 AM

Default Jeremy

Well said Jeremy! that has been my point with the Modern Versionists for quite some time. They argue vehemently that the Originals alone are inspired and only the true words of God and from that basis the KJB is to be dismissed as a “fine translation” on one hand………that is “full of corruptions, insertions and errors” on the other hand.

Then they go on say that no translation is perfect whilst at the same time they claim that they are all the word of God (which is their informal allegiance to the doctrine of preservation). And whilst they use translations such as the NIV (as the authoritative basis from which to correct the KJB) the next edition corrects the one which they are now using to correct with!

This is my point – where do they draw the line when it comes down to authority when all of their own editions & translations have a word in one edition that is replaced in the next and then reintroduced when an update is produced?

Is the gay & lesbian Bible the final authority when it disagrees with the NIV, NASB, NKJV etc, as it is more “up to date” and the result of the “latest scholarship”? They must obviously know more about translation methods than they did in the 1960’s, 70’s & 80’s!

When I bought an ESV in 2004 I noticed the following;

1Tm.3: 1-2 “The saying is trustworthy: If anyone aspires to the office of overseer, he desires a noble task. Therefore an overseer must be above reproach, the husband of one wife…”

Why change the first reference from “he” to “anyone” and then go on to speak without doubt that it is to be a man?

The same could be said about the TNIV
“Here is a trustworthy saying: Whoever aspires to be an overseer desires a noble task. 2 Now the overseer is to be above reproach, faithful to his wife…”

it is as if they are absolutely sure what they Bible shouldn’t say but clueless as to what it should say. It is as though every slight change in culture or taste is what determines what is written without regard to what the context is clearly teaching.

It is like on preacher rightly said; “Is the KJB really that difficult to understand?”

God bless

PaulB