View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Do you brothers think that unsaved men have a spirit? If so, is it a living spirit or dead spirit?
I believe all men have a spirit, if unsaved it is dead in trespasses and sins, if saved if is quickened (made alive):

Ephesians 2:1 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

Quote:
We know believers have the Spirit of God.
Yes. So we have our own alive spirit, plus the Holy Spirit within us.

1 Corinthians 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. 12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Quote:
Now if these spirits are dead where are they going when they go back to God? Does God store these spirits individually or is it one human spirit, or breath of life?
Those are some questions brother! I havn't got the answers. I believe that the soul of a man takes the form of a body after it leaves the flesh, eg. the eyes and tongue of the rich man in hell, in Luke 16...but what does the spirit look like, can it even be seen? What does God do with it when it returns to Him? I know not.

Psalms 90:10 The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away.