View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 09:03 AM

I don't like the gap because I think it does contradict the clear verses that are given in the Bible about the creation. Moses clearly says that heaven, earth, and sea and all that is in them (Satan, angels, humans, cherubim, seraphim, animals, souls, spirits, devils, plants, and everything else that dwells in creation) were created in six days. People are trying to wrest the muddy unclear verses that need to be viewed in the light of the clear understandable verses to teach something that is mostly blown up by the flesh. I mean there's only like 3 passages that supposedly teach the gap, and somehow people get these big huge long essays about how Satan was created before time, and so was the earth, and Satan had dominion of earth before Adam and lost it and brought tons of angels down with him, then the earth was flooded, creating a bunch of fossils from animals that we would otherwise know never existed back then unless we believe modern pagan superstitious science, and then got it back from Adam. How did 600 million years pass by in eternity? THEY COULDN'T HAVE WITHOUT TIME! Just about everyone that supports the gap in this thread has a million different ideas on what could have happened, and all of their accounts hardly agree on more than one point. You know why? It isn't clearly written in the scriptures, that's why. It isn't obvious that there was a gap (especially not anything that happened during it) unless you start twisting verses in your head and ignore the clearly given scripture that you should be looking for instead of these mysterious verses to make false doctrine out of like ALL HERETICS DO.

Gen 2:1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
Gen 2:2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
Gen 2:3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Exo 20:11 For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.