Thread: Gap Theory
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC1171611 View Post

Gen. 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Notice the wording: eastward IN Eden. Eden is a region; there was a garden placed within that region. The garden itself was not called Eden, as is customary to say. Garden IN Eden, not garden OF Eden. Now watch carefully.

Ezek. 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

(emphasis mine)

And here's the bad guy:

Ezek. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.

Lucifer inhabited a Garden CALLED Eden; this was not a garden IN Eden, this is a garden CALLED Eden. Two different things; things that are different are not the same. There's a lot more; this always leads to a study on Lucifer that's rather mind-boggling, but now I must shower, take a nap, and get ready for work.

God bless.
Here's my understanding of what the scriptures are saying.

Quote:
Gen. 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Notice the wording: eastward IN Eden. Eden is a region; there was a garden placed within that region. The garden itself was not called Eden, as is customary to say. Garden IN Eden, not garden OF Eden. Now watch carefully.

Ezek. 31:9 I have made him fair by the multitude of his branches: so that all the trees of Eden, that were in the garden of God, envied him.

Ezek. 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.
Ezekiel 28:13 Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God...

This simply means that Satan was in Eden, specifically the garden of God, which was eastward in Eden. Satan was in Eden. Satan was in the garden of God. The garden of God was eastward in Eden.