View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I am certainly not a calvinist and never will be.

Brandon please delete this post
I should’ve worded my post better. I did not mean to imply that you are a Calvinist.
Reformed theology appeals to the intellectual and has through the years made inroads to Bible colleges and Seminaries so that most systematic theology courses are reformed in nature even though that college or Seminary may not be. As a result I’ve heard many a preacher and Bible teacher say things that come from a Reformed perspective even though I know that person is not Reformed. Everyone; even lost people have faith. People put faith in religion, science, government, medicine…etc and there’s nothing necessarily wrong with trusting in some of these areas, but none of them will save you and make you right with God. We’re saved by believing on the Lord Jesus and what He did on the cross presented in His word. Our faith is in the facts of the word of God. Now that we’re saved we live by the faith of the Son of God. It doesn’t say we live by His faith, but by the faith of Him. “The faith” in the context of Galatians 2:20 is the beliefs, body of truths, facts of not just what He did on the cross for us, but what He did to us (see Romans 6 – crucified, buried, risen with Him and now dead to sin). We lived based on these facts of His word. When Jude exhorts us to contend for the faith he is not talking about personal faith that we exercise, but the faith, meaning our beliefs (as presented in God’s word). Again I did not mean to imply that you are a Calvinist.