View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb6445 View Post
I agree, strange enough, I get very nervous around crowds and avoid them at all cost. The thought of standing in front of people and doing anything gets me shaky. I understand better now what you are saying, and I completely agree. I find nowhere in God's word where anyone was called for these "ministries"! If it don't line up with God's word (KJV), they are wrong and the Bible is right. I'm like you, if you have a talent to sing and you feel the Lord leading you to sing, buy all means.......SING! Same with the rest. I just see some of these so called "preachers" saying they are called of God to preach, and.......well, you've been around long enough to know what I'm saying there. They're standing behind the sacred desk of God and preaching (if you call it that) some of the craziest stuff. I talked to a guy the other day that goes to a Baptist church down the road and he said his preacher teaches that everybody goes to heaven as soon as they die. Where in the world do these people get this stuff. You'd have to be dumb on purpose to believe that garbage. I think some take preaching too lightly. I see what you're saying with "how" were you called. I believe he calls you through the Holy Ghost, that's how I was "called"; maybe lead (or is it led, don't know) is a better word)! Anyway, thanks for clarifying and taking the time to discuss God's precious word (and the mysteries therein) with me. God Bless!!
Clint, I hope those ebooks will be helkful. Burgon is a little up there and needs to be read carefully, Gipp's book is very straightforward.

Grace and peace brother

Tony