View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Correct Stephen, He is able to bless whoever He wants. To be clear, He can also chastise his children. I'm sorry to see some of us believe God has removed his hand from our nation. If he did that, I think all of us would be in for a rude awakening. I can certainly understand anyone saying that, it certainly seems dark at times. But I feel like God continues to bless America, even today. I see God's blessings everywhere, every day. I think it is only his blessings and mercy which have kept us free and safe so far. People have no idea how much worse it could be without God's love and blessings. Maybe it's a case of seeing the glass half full vs. half empty, lol...
I just found a good link the other day which I'd been avoiding on kjv1611. But when I read it I was really suprised, and on particular point they made fits here quite well.

Quote:
11. The spiritual condition of the United States is shot. God cannot bless any nation for living like many of the citizens of the Unites States live. Any blessing that this country still enjoys is the result of "credit" given this nation by God when it still believed the Bible and feared God, by a bunch of saints who are still praying for God’s mercy and are living right and putting out the Gospel, and by God’s purposes for the United States.
http://www.kjv1611.org/war.htm

Now, I don't believe God 'cannot' bless us, but I think that it would be out of character for Him to do so.

Much Love in Christ,
Stephen