View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkg View Post
Brother Stephen, on this point I must kindly disagree with you. Yes I understand that the state of America is a sad thing. I live in Chicago and go street witnessing there, and it gets worse all the time. But you should never lose hope, every night I pray for revival, I pray for the Holy Spirit to pour itself out onto this nation. I don't mean to sound rude in any way or challenge you, but from what Im getting out of your post it makes witnessing sound worthless, why not just sit back and let what happens, happens. We should be on our knees every night and on the street every chance we get, You never know, America might not be included in the Bible because we have a huge revival and the Antichrist decideds to wipe America off the map

Edit: If you dont believe, how can you ever expect it to happen.

Your Brother in Christ,
-Timothy
I haven't given up hope. I still believe that there are people to see saved, and that it is my job to reach them by boldly proclaiming the glad tidings of the Grace of God! I will preach the Word, and stand on the Book till I die or am called home (but I repeat myself ^_^).

I also like your positive outlook. It sure would be nice to see America turn to God again, but I just don't forsee that happening. I know there is a remnant here in the States, and I know that there are souls to be seen added to that remnant. But as a whole America is not doing good. And I'm also starting to see signs that this is a worldwide thing. Although the Philippines sure seems like it's seing revival which is amazing and exciting. I've heard from so many brothers here on these forums and I've met missionaries from there that talk about all the souls coming to Christ, and the churches that are being planted and grown. Really exciting stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Stephen, I feel your pain.
I never stated America has not changed brother.
The evidence is everywhere.
Still, I do not believe we are anti-Christian (yet) or that America is beyond God's blessings. I think it is only his blessings and mercy which are keeping us from terrible destruction, and we all need to be thankful to Him every day.

I do agree with your point on the financial crisis, I think we are seeing how easily it will be for the AntiChrist to take over the monetary system, and we could be in for more chastisement as God's people.
Did you get the book on the Nephilim?
I GOT IT TONIGHT! ^_^ This is going to be a very interesting read, but I can already see from the paging through it I've done already that he uses Enoch a lot. I'm still not sure what to think of Enoch.

I also wanted to add something here concerning blessings. I do believe that God is well able to use America for good, and perhaps He might just bless the nation to further some future political situation that I don't forsee (being a mere man and all ). I don't think it's a waste to pray for revival and blessings. But the signs of the times are showing in greater frequency and I wouldn't count on America as a nation repenting of its rejection of Jesus Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Here Am I View Post
Amen, brother. Well said.

What country that was headed into apostasy has turned back and regained its previous glory?

And fwiw, I am not a part of this wicked nation. Yes, I am wicked, and sinful, but I do not belong here, this world is not my home.

I do not pray for this country, but for its leaders.

I do not pray for revival, I pray for God's will to be done, whatever it may be.

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."
Amen, this is what I pray for as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta Ride View Post
Yes, that's right. I don't think that the wrath of God has descended on us, either; I believe - - - and this might be even more horrible - - - that He has simply removed His hand from our nation. He has "given us up," just as He did the Sodomites in Romans 1.

I also agree that 2 Chron. 7:13-14 is certainly not a promise to Americans; Americans are not "His people, which are called by His Name." That's a very popular verse, but, when applied to the United States, it is taken completely out of context.

By the way, TE, I think you've misunderstood me. I never claimed that America was a Christian nation, or that our founders were Christians; they obviously weren't.

His ultimate blessing of "the remnant" will be His standard operating procedure: He'll get us out of here! hit the proverbial nail on the head!

I say that, of course, with apologies to the truly persecuted brethren around the world, who have suffered (and are suffering) agonies that American Christians couldn't tolerate for five minutes.
This also is true. I myself wonder how many of America's early "politicians" (for a lack of a better term, since founding fathers could include those that weren't involved in policy making, but were very much so a part of this nations foundation) were truly Christian. It is clear that they held Judeo-Christian values in high regard, but I don't think they were concerned about truly preserving those values.

Also, it is true that there are Christians out there truly suffering persecution for their profession of faith. I never forget these brothers and sisters that prove their faith with their lives.

Peace and Love,
Stephen