View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Vendetta Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
It is good to pray for the Christians that find themselves in tribulation (remember that all who will live righteously in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution) but don't think for a second that because we're Christians everything will be just peachy. Now, that being said, I don't think the wrath of God is upon us. We may find ourselves suffering collateral damage (just look at California right now! I can just imagine an Angel of the Lord fanning those flames!) but that doesn't mean God is punishing His remnant.

So like VR hinted at, I do not believe God will bless America as a nation. America has turned its back on God. It has gone from being a post-Christian nation to an anti-Christian nation. The only options we Christians have in response to this wicked nation is to pray without ceasing and to continue to hold our ground firmly on the KJB.
Yes, that's right. I don't think that the wrath of God has descended on us, either; I believe - - - and this might be even more horrible - - - that He has simply removed His hand from our nation. He has "given us up," just as He did the Sodomites in Romans 1.

I also agree that 2 Chron. 7:13-14 is certainly not a promise to Americans; Americans are not "His people, which are called by His Name." That's a very popular verse, but, when applied to the United States, it is taken completely out of context.

By the way, TE, I think you've misunderstood me. I never claimed that America was a Christian nation, or that our founders were Christians; they obviously weren't.

His ultimate blessing of "the remnant" will be His standard operating procedure: He'll get us out of here!

I say that, of course, with apologies to the truly persecuted brethren around the world, who have suffered (and are suffering) agonies that American Christians couldn't tolerate for five minutes.