View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
My position doesn't change in this matter. Perhaps in small rural communities accross America one can still feel like America is the nation it once used to be, but where I come from everything has changed. I could talk all night about the apostasy I see in my community of 70+ thousand. I could tell you how I could go into the Hastings bookstore and literally throw out thousands of books in the "Christian" section (likely every single one of them) and not feel at all concerned about one of them being worth reading. I could telll you all the conversations I've had with "Christians" about the current condition of the Christian faith. No, brother, America is not the same. Also, I don't even believe America will have revival either. You cannot force revival on a land by overthrowing the current government. Thomas Müntzer tried that, it doesn't work. Prophesy must be fulfilled, and our nation isn't even mentioned in it. "Assimilate or dissintegrate" will be the motto of the future.
Amen, brother. Well said.

What country that was headed into apostasy has turned back and regained its previous glory?

And fwiw, I am not a part of this wicked nation. Yes, I am wicked, and sinful, but I do not belong here, this world is not my home.

I do not pray for this country, but for its leaders.

I do not pray for revival, I pray for God's will to be done, whatever it may be.

"Even so, come, Lord Jesus."