View Single Post
Old 11-17-2008, 05:05 PM
tkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
My position doesn't change in this matter. Perhaps in small rural communities accross America one can still feel like America is the nation it once used to be, but where I come from everything has changed. I could talk all night about the apostasy I see in my community of 70+ thousand. I could tell you how I could go into the Hastings bookstore and literally throw out thousands of books in the "Christian" section (likely every single one of them) and not feel at all concerned about one of them being worth reading. I could telll you all the conversations I've had with "Christians" about the current condition of the Christian faith. No, brother, America is not the same. Also, I don't even believe America will have revival either. You cannot force revival on a land by overthrowing the current government. Thomas Müntzer tried that, it doesn't work. Prophesy must be fulfilled, and our nation isn't even mentioned in it. "Assimilate or dissintegrate" will be the motto of the future.

Peace and Love,
Stephen
Brother Stephen, on this point I must kindly disagree with you. Yes I understand that the state of America is a sad thing. I live in Chicago and go street witnessing there, and it gets worse all the time. But you should never lose hope, every night I pray for revival, I pray for the Holy Spirit to pour itself out onto this nation. I don't mean to sound rude in any way or challenge you, but from what Im getting out of your post it makes witnessing sound worthless, why not just sit back and let what happens, happens. We should be on our knees every night and on the street every chance we get, You never know, America might not be included in the Bible because we have a huge revival and the Antichrist decideds to wipe America off the map

Edit: If you dont believe, how can you ever expect it to happen.

Your Brother in Christ,
-Timothy