View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
If sinners are presented with a Gospel of "God hates you", will they not draw back from God even more? Sinners NEED the Love of Christ, they need the assurance of eternal salvation through the redeeming blood of an almighty Saviour, blood that was shed FOR SINNERS that they may be washed clean by Gods Grace through faith In the Finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ on the cross at Calvary. Thank you Oh Lord for your Mercy and suffering for ALL of us.
Amen
Dear Brother Steve, I don't think anyone who has tried to answer the question on this thread would disagree with you brother. And like you, and others, I did not enjoy considering the possibility of God hating anyone. But the scripture cannot be ignored, as you know. By the way, I too have never witnessed to someone and said "God hates you"!

A young convert, who also happens to be young in years asked, I believe, a very sincere question. Not to be divisive or destructive, but because she wanted to know. Her original question was:

Quote:
It seems that there are passages in the Bible that teach that God hates sinners. I don't like that idea, but it appears to be Biblical. My whole life I had heard that "God hates the sin, not the sinner" but somewhere in Psalms it says that God hates sinners. What is the truth on this matter?
Her question, "What is the truth on this matter?" seemed honest enough, so I looked at the scriptures on both sides, as others have, and attempted to sincerely answer her question based on what the bible says.
  • Personally, I have been instructed by the contents of this thread because it is has made me address an issue I've never been aware of of in my 30 years as a believer. It has taught me that God hates the workers of iniquity, the wicked, and those that love violence. This, I believe, applies to a lost person.
Psalms 5:4-6 For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee. The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity. Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the LORD will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.

Psalms 11:4-7 The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men. The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. Upon the wicked he shall rain snares, fire and brimstone, and an horrible tempest: this shall be the portion of their cup. For the righteous LORD loveth
  • It has edified me by reminding me of the amazing love, undeserved mercy, abundant grace, and wonderful plan of redemption God has for a sinner, such as I, through the precious shed blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

1 John 4:9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

Romans 5:8-10 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

1 John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.

Ephesians 2:4-7 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
I sincerely pray you and others who have been disturbed by this topic will see it as a testimony to how great, powerful, merciful, and loving our God is. To think that we were once the enemy of God but have now been reconciled through Christ, should stir our hearts with overwhelming gratitude and loyalty to our creator and redeemer.

In Christ, and in brotherly love, Forrest.