View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 03:41 AM
Tandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post

.......I used to think that maybe the verse could be properly seen with a dual application, 'ambiguous'. However when you simply read the full chapter (something that is rare in modernist exegesis, in the journal articles today they appear loath to even give the words of a verse ! much less a chapter or section) the context being the contrast of the purified as silver pure words of God and the vanity, flattering lips, double heart and proud tongue rings all through the section......

While there had definitely been a historical split on the understanding of the verse, with some folks normally quite good supporting the poor understanding, I really believe that is a bit of a twig and forest thing. They got so enmeshed in the couple of verses (and on that their grammatical understanding is incomplete .. thank you Thomas and John) that they missed the simplicity and power and clarity of the word of God).

Any interpretation of the poor and needy being those preserved is only a minor auxiliary aspect of the majesty and power and purity of the word of God.

Shalom,
Steven
Excellent points to ponder. I am beginning to see it clearly. Thank you, Steven!

Shalom,

Tandi