View Single Post
Old 04-06-2008, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I'll attempt to properly answer any questions you may have, I may have to ask for your patience because I may have to limit my time for the next two or three days. I do thank you for your courtesy and civility and, if needed, patience. Thanks.
Aloha Brother Jeff, (Re: Post #85)

There are a few drawbacks to a Bible Forum (any of them) that I find lacking. There is very little opportunity to “Worship” together and there is very little real Christian “Fellowship” that takes place. For another thing – many people join up without identifying themselves, which seems to me to be impersonal and distant. I can understand a woman not identifying herself because of all of the weirdoes, kooks, and perverts on the net; however I see no reason why we men should be unwilling to at least give out a little information about ourselves. Personally – I have nothing to hide, so I am pretty free with my private information short of my address and telephone number.

Here are the few questions that I said I would ask you, since I answered approximately 25 questions from you. These questions are not meant to “trick” you or “trap” you – I hate that kind of sophistical reasoning:

#1. Have you ever read any of the many books, commentaries, booklets, pamphlets, etc. that brother Ruckman has written? (If so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#2. Have you ever heard any of Peter Ruckman's numerous preaching and teaching tapes? (If so - how many? You don't have to list the names just the number -I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).

#3. Have you ever actually met brother Ruckman or been at any of his meetings where he has either preached or taught the word of God? (If so - where and when? I'll trust you to be honest and truthful).”

#4. If a stranger came along and verbally criticized your father or mother – after hearing or reading something about them (without knowing them) would you defend them? Yes? or No?

#5. If a stranger came along and verbally criticized your wife or children – after hearing or reading something about them (without knowing them) would you defend them? Yes? or No?

#6. If a stranger came along and verbally criticized your brother or sister – after hearing or reading something about them (without knowing them) would you defend them? Yes? or No?

#7. If a stranger came along and verbally criticized a friend of yours – after hearing or reading something about them (without knowing them) would you defend them? Yes? or No?

I have asked the above questions because the basis of my defense of Peter Ruckman is based on my personal relationship with him – as a teacher; a friend; and a brother (in Christ). As far as I know, no one on this Forum has known brother Ruckman as long as I have (40 years); and no one has on this Forum has studied his materials as much as I have, or had the relationship with him that I have had.

And so, just like you would defend a family member or a friend who is subject to unwarranted or unsubstantiated criticism (without excusing any wrong doing or sin on their part), I intend to defend brother Peter Ruckman (without excusing any wrongdoing or sin on his part.)

By today’s modern Christian’s standards we would have nothing to do with king David (Adultery, Murder, and Disobedience - More than one wife at a time!) and yet God never said of any other man in the Bible that: . . . . “I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine Own Heart, which shall fulfil all my will. Acts 13:22.

Did you know that no man in the Bible is spoken of more in the Bible than David? No One! Did you know that David wrote more about the person of God than any other writer in the Bible? Or that David wrote more about God’s words than any ten men in the Bible? Or that David wrote more about the heart of man than any other writer of the Bible?

Did God excuse any of David’s sins? – of course not! But God used him and spoke highly of him through out the Books of Kings; Chronicles; most of the Prophets; and on into the New Testament. Christians better be careful judging other Christians and their ministry – God never has used a “sinless” man.

Here are the rest of my questions:

#8. Have you ever read the Humanist Manifesto’s I, II, or III? Yes? or No?

#9. If you have read the Humanist Manifesto I – What year was it first promulgated? Year?

#10. If you have read the Humanist Manifesto I – How many points or ideals does it put forth? Number?

#11. If you have read the Humanist Manifesto II – How many points or ideals does it put forth? Number?

#12. Are you aware as to just how much influence Humanism has had on the Western World in the last 120 years or so? Yes? or No?

#13. Are you aware as to just how much influence Humanism has had in the United States in the last 120 years or so?: (In the fields of: Education [primary, high school, college]; Government [National, State, County, City, Town – Executive, Legislative, JUDICIARY]; Media [Print, Radio, Television, etc.]; the families; and in the churches [especially with pastors, teachers, counselors, etc.]. Yes? or No?

#14. Are you aware as to just how much influence Psychiatry & Psychology (based in Humanism) has had in the United States in the last 120 years or so?: (In the fields of: Education [primary, high school, college]; Government [National, State, County, City, Town – Executive, Legislative, JUDICIARY]; Media [Print, Radio, Television, etc.]; the families; and in the churches [especially with pastors, teachers, counselors, etc.]. Yes? or No?

I have asked a little over half the number of questions you asked, but these questions are very important because many of the “arguments’; disputes; disagreements; contentions; and wranglings that take place on this Forum are because we Christians have been “infected” with Humanism – some more than others (but none of us is exempt).

We are a nation of sophists:

SOPHIST, n. L. sophista,

1. A professor (not a college Professor) of philosophy; as the sophists of Greece.

2. A captious or fallacious reasoner.

Humanism has permeated every facet of our lives and as such it is very difficult to discern between that which is Scriptural (spiritual) and that which is Carnal (our Culture, etc.). God expects us to act on Scriptural precepts and principles, not with our own (Humanistic) logic and/or reasoning. That is why it is of the utmost importance that when we read the Scriptures we are to look for what God says (His words), and not what does God “mean”.

The same holds true for men’s words: we are not to try to figure out what someone “means” or what we personally “get out of someone’s words” – we are to read the words as they are, not what we may think they “mean”.

I am done with this subject unless someone else brings it up again.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy Word,

George

Last edited by George; 04-06-2008 at 08:23 PM.