Thread: Love & Race
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biblereader View Post
Don't you agree that God was filled with wrath, when his people intermarried with non-Hebrews? God said NOT to marry anyone outside the faith.
It's all through the Old Testament. All through it. And, the penalties for disobeying God, by marrying someone NOT of their faith.
Same holds true today.
A Christian has very little in common with a non-Christian.
Hi Sis,

I understand what you're saying, yet if we go back and depend on what God said to the Hebrews and we are to follow that, then you would have to say that His Church is very messed up today!!! We have intermingled all kinds of faiths and "races" (oh dear this is becoming a very touchy word to use here!).

How is God going to deal with all this intermingling? As I was saying in a previous post, I'm 3/4th German - if I can't marry outside my nationality, then I'm going to have to pack up and move to Germany to marry a German. The problem with that is that I'm already NOT PURE GERMAN stock! America is a really hodgepodge of peoples!

I believe God's warning for the Hebrews was to keep them from worshipping IDOLS, because they were dispersed into many lands of NON-Hebrews. Many around them were idol-worshippers.

It is my belief that we are now in the dispensational time of Paul's preaching on GRACE. The Church is now under GRACE and no longer under Hebrewic LAW. Do you believe that everything in the Bible applies to everyone? Or how do you pick and choose, and decide which Scriptures apply to YOU? For me, that would be very confusing and I admit that I was, in the past, very confused about this very issue. I feel much more secure, in knowing that Paul has brought a new gospel to the Church. Please note that Paul even called it "my gospel" (See Romans 2:16, 16:25 and 2 Timothy 2:8) and said that God would judge people by Jesus Christ, according to his (Paul's) gospel!

You said that "God said NOT to marry anyone outside the faith. It's all through the Old Testament. All through it. And, the penalties for disobeying God, by marrying someone NOT of their faith. Same holds true today."

Where do you get that from, in the Bible, that the "Same holds true today."?

Jassy