View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 AM

I thought that Biblical repentance was to turn to Jesus for the forgiveness of sins, not Turn from sins for the forgiveness of Jesus. As far as I read in my Bible the word of God does not require us to give up our sins to be saved. My repentance onto salvation was a one time only event. The repentance from my sins has no limit, I am A Guilty sinner who has found Grace in Christ Jesus. Like I have mentioned in previous posts ANY MAN that says he does no sin is a liar.
Do you suggest that Believing just wasn't enough, even when you were just a child? Or are you saying that salvation is an adult only thing?

Chette I see where you are coming from on the preaching issue of repentance before salvation, thats Lordship Salvation, and yeahh there are several posts on that Horrible subject.
I took this post originally to mean why do pastors no longer preach repentance of sins done "after salvation" thinking of the modernists that imply there are no sins to repent of, and the heresy that says those who sin where never saved to begin with.
Cor 5:17
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."

All things to me really have become new, I understand more and more what sin is in my life and I do not let it reign. I will continue to grow in grace and in knowledge until I am called home, and I will most certainly stumble along the way. You know what, Saul, who had that unique conversion on the Road to Damascus calls himself The "chief of Sinners" 1st Tim 1:15 and many times through his epistles speaks of his unworthiness and the thorn in his side. Not one glimpse of self righteousness in the man. Anyone that says they do no sin, have no sin, congratulations! You don't need Jesus anymore, you have gone and made yourself perfect in you own self righteousness.

Posted as A Saint who sometimes sins, and In my Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ.