View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Bibleprotector,

You read too much into people's words.

Theopneustos is not a Greek "monstrosity". It is simply the Greek word that underlies "given by inspiration of God" in the KJV. That you would refer to what God Himself preserved for us as a "monstrosity" is borderline blasphemous.

I don't see where Shelton Smith emphasized the Greek and Hebrew over the KJB as you imply. What I see is Shelton Smith saying that we should recognize that had it not been for the Received Texts, the collection of God's inspired and preserved words, we wouldn't have the KJV. And this much is true. I don't see that statement as undermining the KJB at all. Rather I see that statement as bolstering the KJV as God's Words in English. Plain and simple.

And I agree that the KJV is more than sufficient to define itself. Yes it is perfect. But again, there is nothing anywhere that says that it is wrong for a person to recognize the Greek or Hebrew word that underlies the KJB.

God's words will always be God's words. They do not expire. And so Shelton Smith is correct in recognizing the Received Texts as God's words in the original languages. You say that God has laid aside the Greek and Hebrew because they are "not used today as normal speech". But by that argument you would also invalidate the KJB because the KJB is not written in "normal speech" either. In fact, what a lot of Bible-believers don't even realize is that nobody EVER spoke the type of English that is used in the KJB, not even in the 1600s.

Now I agree that the KJB is the final authority that God has given mankind today. But to say that the Received Texts magically ceased from being God's inspired and preserved words is absurd. God's words will ALWAYS be God's words.