Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 01:25 PM

Tony,
Sorry to pull you back into this thread but there's another question I'd like to ask you and I'd like to comment on something you wrote, if you wouldn't mind.

I've never felt that I fully understood this verse about the seed of the woman:
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

I understood that the seed of the woman refers to Christ but I know I'm still missing something. I don't know how God's seed (Christ) could be called the woman's seed. Did God form Eve with His 'latent' seed inside her that He would 'activate' when the time came? Or is it called her seed as a literary device? to contrast with the norm being the man's seed? That seems like a shallow view to me. What do you think? What does anybody else think?

You said, "It tells us the Adamic sin nature of humanity is passed through the seed of the male, not the female. If these giants were the offspring of angels, then angels must have male seed and blood. Where is the sin nature if angels are not descended from Adam?
The giants then must have been born sinless, and we know only one Man was sinless."

I've wondered in the past why apparently the nephilim couldn't be saved since they were half human. Surely this wasn't your intent but you may have helped me with that question. I see merit in your view that sin nature comes down through the father. If we apply it to the giants,and for argument's sake assume they are the children of fallen angels, they didn't have a human sin nature because that comes through the father, not the mother. What kind of nature do fallen angles have? A fallen nature is an inherited thing so angels don't have it; but would their offspring, if they had any, inherit a fallen or sin nature? In my view, Genesis 6, as well passages dealing with Israel wiping out the giants, portray them as an entirely different kind of evil from what came before or after. God found it necessary to wipe them from the face of the earth by flood the first time and though Israel the second time.

Your sister in Christ,

Jennifer