View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:38 PM
tkg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You should know your church family pretty well. I know everyone in my church is saved (as far as a man can tell), except for the husband of one woman, who is not saved, but comes along to church sometimes.

You don't want to start this kind of ministry brother. Men like Paul Washer and Ray Comfort run ministries like this. They constantly call on the church to examine themselves to see if they are really saved. I call it a ministry of doubt - because they target the church (most of these men preaching these kinds of sermons are aiming them at the pentecostal new evangelical crowd, but for some reason, preach them to the fundamental crowds...) Their entire ministry is built around this idea of false converts, and winning the church to God. It's a neccesary ministry, because there are false converts, but one that should be done by the PASTOR, not the EVANGELIST. The Evangelists job is to win the WORLD to Christ, not the Church.
I bolded for emphasis (and unbolded yours just so people dont confused), but that was the point I was getting at, how is a man to tell. I have no intention of going around questioning everyone in my church (Its not my place and Im fairly sure about most of them), most of these are just personal thoughts. What I was trying to get at the whole time was that if you know someone well, how is it a man can tell?