View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 04:49 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
How is that even possible? Perfect! Only by receiving Jesus Christ.
“Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.” 1 John 3:9
How do you answer this verse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
THE SCOPE OF SIN Certainly all must confess, "I have sinned against Thee" (Psalm 41:4). Doctors report that cancer claims one out of four people. Do you know God reports that sin seizes four out of four? Yes, 100% of us have been taken!
I agree with you that every single person (except Jesus) has sinned. However, I say that when one is a Christian, one can avoid sin to a certain extent. Jesus said that with men, all things are impossible, but with God, all things are possible. (Matthew 19:26) What I'm saying, is that if a person wants to, then he or she can live a week, a month, or longer without sinning. (This includes the fact that a person can sin through thoughts). That is of course possible not with a human strength, but with God, all things are possible.

"The wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23).
I believe that unforgiven sin would result in Hell if we die. Therefore, if we commit a sin, immediately, we need ask God for forgiveness. The longer we wait, the more chances there are that we would die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
You are on seriously dangerous ground to say you are perfect. We will only attain perfection when we reach Heaven, until then we are all a bunch of sinners saved by Grace through faith and that faith is what gets us by until out PERFECT LORD Jesus Christ calls us home or comes for us.
No, I'm not saying that I'm perfect, but I'm saying that if one works hard on himself and asks God for help, one can be perfect as long as he is on his guard

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
This is a discussion that took place quite a bit in patristic writting if I recall correctly, but more so during the reformation (especially the radical reformation). Some believe it is possible for a Christian to completely put away the ways of the flesh. I personally don't think we can put away all sin in our lives. If someone were to achieve a state of perfection it would be not of his own doing, but of God.
Yes, I believe that one can completely put away sins from the flesh, but in order to do that, one has to be on guard and ask God for help. THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT TASK TO ACCOMPLISH. Once the person accomplishes this task, one has to be on extreme guard in order not to sin. (It's very easy to sin once accomplishing this state of being)