Thread: The Word of God
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 05:24 AM
martydavis

Chette, my "judgment of Diligent" wasn't truly meant to be judgmental, but the smiley face was to lighten it and make it more tongue-in-cheek - more of an observation than anything else (yes, see me back pedal). He pushed a button of mine, I think, assuming I wouldn't know the difference of God telling Noah to build an ark or He speaking to me. I do know He tells me He is a BIG God and I'm safe when I enter in to His protective "Ark" and that the flood waters of life will not come against me when I step into His "Ark". One of the problems with the written word and emotion - makes it hard to discern the intent.

Romans 8:26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

Praying in tongues, at home in your prayer closet, is where the unknown tongues should be uttered - not as a public display in church.

In church you will know when there will be an interpretation - the Holy Spirit will prompt you (providing you are listening)