Thread: The sons of God
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 08:17 PM

Pardon me for jumping here, I've been very busy of late. You wrote:

"GB, think about what you are saying. These women had no power to prevent this assault (Genesis 6:2 "...they took them wives of all which they chose.") God, foreknowing the actions of that these evil ones would commit, allowed this assault on unprotected, innocent women to take place for however long, and then immediately (and without comment, while at the same time expressing His anger with mankind) slammed the chains on them, leaving the results of their actions to further the destruction of mankind, AND on top of it, left others to perpetuate the same behavior later!?! Verse 3 and 5 scream out the perpetrators of this crime, MAN!"

""GB, think about what you are saying. These women had no power to prevent this assault"

ermmm, not sure what you are getting at here. Since when have women ever had the ability to prevent being raped? If they are not able to prevent being overpowered by men, how could they prevent being overpowered by angels?

"God, foreknowing the actions of that these evil ones would commit, allowed this assault on unprotected, innocent women to take place"

Are you serious? Are you actually trying to use the 'problem of evil' argument here? What God allows is up to him and his purposes, and is nobody else's business. God is under no duty to intervene in stopping evil. He has already explained that he will wipe every tear from every eye, and there shall be no more tears or death. We are in no position to second guess him on anything.

"to take place for however long, and then immediately (and without comment, while at the same time expressing His anger with mankind) slammed the chains on them, leaving the results of their actions to further the destruction of mankind, AND on top of it, left others to perpetuate the same behavior later!?!"

I don't at all see the immediacy you speak of here. This appears to me to be a very long time wherein all of man's seed is corrupted by this evil angelic invasion. Also, God dealt with "the angels that sinned". I find nothing strange with the idea that there might have been others that remained who did not sin in that way, but were capable of doing so at a later time.

God is merciful to even his enemies:

"31 And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.

32 And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them. 33 Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked."

Luke 8
King James Bible