View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:53 PM

Oh boy, astronomy is a subject I love, I have been an amateur astronomer since my youth, I still own a nice telescope, but I have not used it much in the last few years.

You know, I have studied this subject. I do believe Earth is the center of the universe, it is obviously God's center of attention. That said, I think the Earth probably rotates around the Sun. I do think perhaps our Sun, or at least our galaxy the Milky Way is the dead center of the entire universe.

Now astronomers use the red-shift to determine the distance of far away galaxies. And the more the red-shift, supposedly the further away a galaxy is, and the faster it is travelling away from us. This is the belief that the universe is expanding.

I myself do not believe the universe is expanding. I believe the red-shift has been interpreted falsely and does not equate with distance or speed of expansion of the universe.

It is clear the universe was stretched or spread out by God, there are many verses to support this.

Isa 42:5 Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

I do not believe in the Big Bang theory, although the Bible says God stretched out the heavens. One of the biggest arguments by secular astronomers against the Big Bang is that it resembled the creation account in the Bible. But the heavens were stretched out, although I do not believe they are still expanding. All the Bible verses on this support that the universe was stretched out past tense, so it is no longer expanding in my view. I believe in a six-day creation just as the Bible says.

The work of Halton Arp has shown evidence that the red-shift interpretations are wrong. He has photographic evidence of supposedly super distant quasars actually attached to known much closer galaxies, though the quasars show much more redshift.

Here is his site, you can see photos here.

http://www.haltonarp.com/bio

And astronmer William Tifft showed the "Quantization of the Red-Shifted Light from Distant Galaxies". This showed that the Earth was the center of the universe. Of course, the atheistic astronomers would not hear of this, and sought to disprove his findings. Trouble is, further study showed Tifft correct.

Here is a good article on Tifft's discoveries.

http://www.ldolphin.org/tifftshift.html

Here is another article from ICR. See also "Related Articles" at the bottom of the page.

http://www.icr.org/universe-center/

It is completely possible that the entire universe is rotating around the Earth itself. It is a matter of perspective really. Photos of Polaris (North Star) do show the universe spinning around us. Of course the Earth rotates, so this would be the case, but who knows? Perhaps the universe is spinning around us each 24 hours?

Last edited by Winman; 04-11-2009 at 01:14 PM.