View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Tim View Post
Jassy, I have to disagree with you here, not by opinion, but by mandate. Hebrews 10:25 says, "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching." The assembling is the church. The numbers are not required, and neither is complete agreement. Consider the third letter of John. There was a church with an obviously ungodly influential member (possibly even an elder), Diotrephes. Yet John did not encourage Gaius to separate from the church, though correction of the problem was needed and planned.

Yes, it is important to stand strong on your convictions, and not associate with those who reject them, but to avoid church altogether is not spiritually healthy. If no church in your area can meet with enough of your doctrine to be suitable, then move or start a church with like-minded believers.
Brother Tim,

Thank you for the correction. I was probably thinking too much of my own situation here. I would love to be able to assemble together with like-minded believers in the KJV. Can't seem to find any! People have been hostile towards the KJV and become very defensive about their other versions, giving a lot of excuses about why they are better or necessary in "today's times."

Of course, for me a lot of the reason is being deaf.

So I really appreciate your correction and I see that it wasn't a good idea to recommend not going to church.

Jassy