View Single Post
Old 06-30-2008, 11:45 AM
Trutherator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post
Wikipedia is all about who has the time and patience to get the last edit. The only way to ensure your changes aren't altered is to change them back yourself. You can't do this in an automated way without breaking the terms of service. As for locking, I'm not real sure about that but it's safe to say you can't just arbitrarily lock an entry -- I think there has to be a significant amount of turmoil before that can happen.
I avoid wikipedia in every search in which I can avoid it.

There are a few levels of moderators and "administrators" who make decisions on controversial pages and text. The biggest hurdle in these things is their NPOV policy ("neutral point of view"), which is nowhere near the relevant web pages in lots of things like the Bible, or Creation, or Darwinian Evolution, Islam, whatever.

Because the administrator consensus there wins.

That's why areas like the KJB or Creationism or other such subjects need either their own wiki, or a portal on the subject. There is a Creation Wiki, but even there, the administrator, a young-earth creationist with science credentials, does not like any suggestion that the KJB is the only Bible Christians should use today.

-Trutherator