Thread: My Intro
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassy View Post
Tony,

I generally leave tracts about for people to pick up and read. Sometimes, being dissatisfied with the available tracts, I've made my own (I love doing the art graphics as well!) to distribute.

Sometimes an in-your-face person giving out tracts will turn people to run in the other direction. I've seen people look at the tracts and stuff them in a pocket or just throw them down on the floor to be trampled on.

Chick tracts may not be perfect, but they at least use the KJV and they do get read. I have occasionally left a P.O. Box address on tracts, for people to be able to contact me if they feel led to do so for further prayer, encouragement or direction in their Christian life.

I guess I'm not sophisticated enough to know if I am a Dispensationalist or not. I trust in the Lord and lean on Him and not on my own understanding. If I did THAT - leaning on my own understand - I would be in biiiiiiiiig trouble! so I guess I remain rather simple in my faith, until I learn otherwise.

Jassy
I got a tract I made around here somewhere that addresses the Jesus Only/Oneness Pentecostal cult. They believe God wore three disguises: God the Father in the OT, Jesus Christ in the Four Gospels, and the Holy Ghost now. It has a painting of Jesus praying in the garden. I whited His face out and put a big question mark in it. The title is Did Jesus Christ Pray To Himself?

There are many types of dispensationalism. There was a dispensation under Noah, I'm sure there are people who believe they need to build a boat. There was one under Moses, and you got people out there shaloming, el shaddai'ing, keeping the sabbath and trying to mix the Law with the Cross of Christ. There was one under Peter, James, and John the Catholic Church stole from Israel that they ain't figured out how to make it work after 1700 years so they exterminate anyone who don't agree with whatever it is but they got a nice Centerfold and a God you can eat. I'm a Pauline Dispensationalist, I am not "of" Paul but a "follower" of Paul as His instructions to me for today were given by Jesus Christ Himself, as He gave Noah, Moses, and the Twelve their instructions for their followers.

Then there are the Frisbyterians who believe when you die you soul goes on top of your house and won't come down.

Grace and peace

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-19-2009 at 02:28 AM. Reason: typo