Thread: My Avatar
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 04:43 PM

Romans 5:17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.) 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.
.................................................. ................

Romans 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, 8:21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

We know that death was non-existent before the fall of Adam. Christ conquered death. Romans 8:21-2 explicitly states that the creature itself shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, and that creation groans within itself, as we do, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body, i.e. the rapture/resurrection.

I don't know if every bug, or earthworm will be resurrected but I believe that animals that do have souls will be resurrected. If we are given the timing of this event I'm not aware of it but I believe this is what scripture teaches. Yesterday, I saw a robin in the road that had probably flown into a moving vehicle and dropped onto the road. His little body was mangled, his wings broken but he was desperately trying to fly to safety as he was blown about by car in front of me. I felt tremendous sorrow seeing that little bird in terror and suffering. The Lord comforted me as I prayed that the next car would put him out of his misery. If I felt compassion over that little robin, how much more does the Lord feel?

I used to fret about whether the Lord was fair in His dealings with all the people that have ever existed, whether he sent children to hell, etc. When I just trusted Him that He is perfect in His ways then He showed me from His Word that the little ones go straight to Him when they die. I have hope of seeing my departed, beloved pets again. Will I be angry at God if I have misunderstood Romans 8:19-23? God forbid. He is just and true in all of his ways.

Would I break fellowship with a christian over the issue? Absolutely not!

Edit: "Romans 8:21-2 explicitly states that the creature itself shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption, and that creation groans within itself, as we do, waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body, i.e. the rapture/resurrection of the rightous." Just a clarification because I didn't make this clear: the whole creation is waiting for the redemption of the bodies of saved people ("our body", not their own animal bodies) when sin and death is done away with.

Last edited by greenbear; 05-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.