View Single Post
Old 04-24-2009, 09:04 AM

I only mentioned the angels were Holy and differ from those stars of Heaven found in Rev 12:4 if in fact they are angles. They still could be literal stars.

It is very true the OT plays a very important role in understanding Revelation especially Isa, Daniel, Ezekiel, Joel and Zechariah.

Not to be argumentative but the term flood in Isa 59:19 is not a representation of an physical army of men per se but a description of their enemy. that they will come in like a flood, which means they will be quick and overwhelming. granted representation and description can mean the same thing at times that would be mere simantics.

I believe the flood of Revelation 12 is a literal flood of water to drown them out of Petra. which is quite an impregnable location. read the history of those who tried and failed to get in there when chasing their enemies into Petra. At the moment I am drawing a blank as to which books of history to recommend, but I am sure you can find them.

It is an awesome place a city carved out of the limestone cliffs and has existed for thousands of years.