View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM

Hey Brother

Revelation 12:1 And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

I agree that the woman is Israel, as Israel has been mentioned as a woman in scripture quite a few times. I believe that the Crown of Twelve stars represents the 12 tribes.

Revelation 12:2 And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.

God gave Israel a promise of a Child as a Messiah.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counseller, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
What a wonderful verse the above is!
All through Jewish history they looked for the coming of that Child. In travail looking for the Birth of the Messiah.

Revelation 12:3 And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.

After the promise of the Child was given, satan comes seeking to destroy the child, the horns representing kingdoms

Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.

Could this be a representation of satan using Herod to kill the Child by having all the male infants slain. To devour her child as soon as it was Born
Do You mean that stars that his tail drew and cast to earth were the devils angels? Earlier on in Revelation 9 we read that the fifth angel sounds and a star falls (an angel?)

Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

Revelation 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
This verse is dealing with the resurrection and ascension of Christ and also Prophecy of his 1000 year rule.

Revelation 12:6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

Since Christ ascended to the right hand of the Father, the Jews have been scattered, could this verse be describing the divide of 7 years of tribulation, the Time of Jacobs trouble (3.5 years) in which God will judge Israel and Bring the woman back to him.

I see what you are getting at about the stars cast down being the unclean spirits that were so abundant in Christ's ministry.