View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 02:58 PM

Well, I would like to introduce a new question that has been on my mind.

Has Satan "fallen" yet??

I believe most Christians would say yes, but I am not so sure. Probably the most important verse to support this belief is Luke 10:18

Luke 10:18 And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.

Is it possible the Lord was speaking of a future event here?

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

The reason I ask this (and this is a sincere question) is because Satan still has access to heaven as shown in Job.

Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

So, it is clearly written here in scripture that Satan has access to heaven, or at least he still had access in the days of Job.

So, I am not asking if Satan sinned, it is clear that in Genesis chapter 3 that Satan is evil, adding to the Word of God and deceiving Eve.

But from what I read, Satan has not yet been cast out of heaven, and will not be so until the end as shown in Revelations chapter 12.

Any opinions on this?