View Single Post
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM

Luke at 27years old God is hardly through with you.
Maybe you are doubting your salvation because you think if your'e saved you wouldn't be unloving,unkind,jealous,angry at your Pastor or father in law.But a saved man is capable of all this and more,we have two natures that war against each other.

Is there a specific reason(s) for your inward anger toward your father in law?
Is he usurping your position as head of your house maybe?
Is your Pastor expecting too much of you as a young man,trying to guilt you to do more?
Have you burnt out from doing too much maybe?

Try not to base your salvation on what you feel,think or do and then doubt you are saved.You are saved by what Jesus has done,He paid the price and now you are on a journey of working out your salvation and it maybe you are under too much outside pressures at the moment to feel or understand His direction for you.

Saved people do doubt and wonder about themselves and God...but at the end of the day "we know too much" we have learnt too much about God and have experienced His tender ways as well as His rebukes to not trust Him.

Hayseed
PS I have a married 27 year old son and he has felt far away from God at times too,as has my married 25 and 22 year old sons,their wives,Dad and me at times at 63 and 54.