View Single Post
Old 01-31-2009, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi Christian View Post
I've given this a bit of thought of late, and I really do believe that we should cut to the chase when witnessing to the lost. How often have you started talking to someone and just when you were about to tell them the gospel you get interrupted and the discussion is over! It's happened to me enough times to know that it's not a coincidence and that our enemy the Devil does NOT want us witnessing to his children.

Paul focussed on "Christ and him crucifed" with those Corinthians, and I think that's a great place to start, that way if the conversation gets halted quickly at least you planted or watered that most important seed. We're told to preach the gospel, every other subject is secondary to that during our witness.
That's also the reason the discussion seems to invariably get side-tracked to creation vs. evolution or "does God exist?" or any of the multitude of other side-issues that take the focus off of "Christ and him crucified"!

We do need to remember that every other subject IS secondary to the Cross during our witness and reroute the discussion back to the main focus, as required.