View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Julianus

Dear George,

... height of hypocrisy, cheap shots, judgemental and accusatory idscourse, insincere and disingenuous . . . ? - again you simply confirmed that you're either unwilling or unable to address the topic at the start of this thread. Personal Conviction.

You're so offended at the mention of Pharisees that you overlook your quoting of many Scriptures 'can' be likened to them quoting the law.

Of course, no Scripture can be argued with and IS truth - that was never point of the thread. You 'judge' that I'm insincere and just fire 'cheap shots at you? Yet you haven't laid aside 'hypocrisy' about your personal convictions, when hiding behind lists of Scriptures.

You seek refuge in stating that I haven't spent any time with you, don't know you (or Debau) - therefore shouldn't pass 'judgement' on what you have written in the last posts. That is not so. If you have many years of experience in 'searching out truth', has this one evaded you? You presume that the use of 'dead' in connection with Scripture points to 'disdain of the Holy Word of God'?

Maybe my examples (Samaritan, Pharisees, ...) were too extreme or harsh for your sensitive Faith. The correctness of the Scriptures you quote was never challenged, of course not! Neither the authority of the Holy Word of God!

As far as I understand, the real point this thread makes is this:

Our God is a personal God AND intervenes in a direct manner.
Personal 'conviction' plays a great part in our relationship with God.
Personal 'revelation' from God IS the back-up & proof that we're not only believing a book, which claims to be God's Word.
The learning, prooving AND quickening of Scriptures is established 'after' God has anointed/revealed himself to a soul.

Everything written after the four Gospels and Acts is addressed to people who have already had their 'calling / revelation / conviction' - and ARE professing Christians, already committed.

The four Gospels and Acts are adressed to the 'unbelievers', where the difference between the Pharisees and Jesus quoting Scriptures/Laws was that the Pharisees were self rightheous and did not understand God's intentions for the law, whereas the unblievers saw that when Jesus spoke with AUTHORITY, miracles happened. HE was different, HE lived differently and He was filled with compassion for the lost (everyone). God confirmed His Word with signs following.

With your first post in this thread you made this kind of 'personal conviction' of no effect, rather emphasizing that it's all only about Scripture.

Whilst Scripture is the ONLY Truth - you'll get no argument from me there - the answer to 'personal convictions' refers to first contact with God. Your posts correctly quote plenty of Scriptures but fail to connect them at any stage to the 'personal revelation' to a soul.

Maybe you have been blessed by being raised in a Christian family, maybe God revealed himself to you at a very young age - or everything was 'as clear as day' for you. I know many for whom it was not so. They had God 'intervene and reveal Himself' to them, and so KNEW that the stories they had heard, and the pages of the Bible were true.

Far from resigning yourself to not answering any of my posts anymore, and far from calling me 'foolish', perhaps you'd like to show yourself the 'wise' man you claim to be - put aside any feelings of being offended and offer some real 'hope' to souls who are searching for that personal conviction or 'revelation' from God.

So far, you haven't shown more life or concern than a computer program designed to find Scriptures on a subject.

I find it surprising that you're so easily offended - and dealing with a real man and contend with him, whilst not putting up with his assertions & personal opinions - you don't think that this point is valid from my side (towards you) as well?

Maybe your 'tone' speaks louder than the message? Maybe my 'tone' speaks louder than the message too . . .

In all honesty . . . after clearing the air in such way, couldn't you be refreshed and busting to put 'meat' to your theory?

In the Love of Christ
Julianus