View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 03:09 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSon View Post
Where in the bible does it say anything about a rapture. Im pretty sure that we are all here till the end.
EverlastingSon:
That's a good question, some Christians hold to a different doctrine, however I do not believe God's adopted children in this dispensation of grace will go through the tribulation or "Jacob's trouble." I assume that is what you mean by "the end."

To be clear---I am talking about the children of God who have trusted Christ's blood for redemption, those who have received God's gift of salvation and have been "born again." (Eph. 2:8-9, John 1:12, John 3:3-6)

Please remember in Genesis when God destroyed the world he lifted his people above the flood and destruction first. I snatched this info below off another site, should give you some fuel for further study, God bless...

According to the Bible, Jesus will one day come down out of heaven and then He will "snatch up" all Christians (living and dead) off of the earth to meet Him in the clouds. This "snatching up" of Christians is often referred to as "the Rapture of the Church." Here are two of the main passages which describe the Rapture:

"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words." (1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)

"Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality." (1 Corinthians 15:50-53)

The Greek word harpazo means "to seize ... catch (away, up), pluck, pull, take (by force)" (Strong's Greek Dictionary), and it is translated as "caught up" in 1 Thessalonians 4:16-17

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 11-06-2008 at 03:23 PM.