View Single Post
Old 12-25-2008, 11:06 AM
hebrews928

Re #194

I gave you lots of "examples" (READ THE LINKS) - if you bothered to read them! I repeat - Everything that you attributed to us as "our beliefs" about the King James Bible are not only misleading, but they are demonstrably FALSE! (READ THE LINKS!)

I guess I'll leave it up to the rest of the readers to determine for themselves who is misrepresenting whom.

In the New Testament alone there are approximately 5,500 Greek manuscripts available (mostly partial mss) - Which ones does God "prefer"? Not one of those manuscripts is a complete BIBLE (66 Books - complete and without any error.)

I'll settle for whatever copies of the originals that the KJV translators had before them when they translated such into English. Even those copies may not be 100% accurate to the originals. But I don't believe the available manuscripts were unreliable enough that God said, "Looks like we will have to start over on this Scripture thing, let's cook up a KJV, and then all will be well."

Do you believe that all Christians must become proficient in the "original languages" and have to rely on Greek and Hebrew teachers in order to understand the words of God?

I think the KJV and the NKJV are good enough to understand most of the words of God, but if you want to get closer to 100%, you need to go to the Scriptures themselves, which means "become proficient in the "original languages" and have to rely on Greek and Hebrew teachers" (or preferably, lexicons), which is much easier to do than it use to be. And btw, KJVO or NKJVO doesnt guarantee proper interpretation and thus good doctrine, and good doctrine is the ultimate goal. There of plenty of KJVO false teachers out there, for example. Plenty.

Are we supposed to "throw away or discard" our God honored Holy Bible, (for nearly 400 years) just because you (and others) "think" that God prefers - "the available copies of the original language manuscripts"? Thanks - but NO THANKS!

I didnt suggest otherwise.

Your statement:
Quote:
"We need an English translation of that Scripture."
I have "News" for you - WE HAVE ONE! It was first known as THE HOLY BIBLE; then as the AUTHORIZED VERSION OF 1611; and now is known as THE KING JAMES BIBLE!

It may be the best translation available (I havent figured that out for sure yet), but it is only a translation, and not the Scriptures themselves.

You (and others) may "need" a new English Translation to suit your "personal preferences", but if, and when, you ever get one, are you going to be totally satisfied with it? Are you going to ever accept any English translation as your FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice? Or are you always going to run to the "the available copies of the original language manuscripts" whenever you find something in them that you "personally" disagree with?

I expect we are stuck with the present circumstances for the duration.

We believe that the King James Bible (formerly known as the AV1611 & The Holy Bible) is our FINAL AUTHORITY in all matters of faith and practice. We do not run to another "translation" because our Bible is "archaic" or too hard to understand. We do not run to "the available copies of the original language manuscripts" every time we "think" that our AUTHORITY may be "wrong" somewhere. We accept our Bible as being God's Holy word (perfect and without error) - Just exactly as God intended for us to have in ENGLISH.

What do you have to offer in place of that? Hmmm?

You already know what I have to offer in place of that but it'd be a little more work than you apparently want to do.